The following Survey Sweepstakes Official Rules (“Official Rules”) apply to your participation in the Great Lakes Now Viewer Survey Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) offered by Emergence Collective. (“Sponsor”).
- Process. To enter the Sweepstakes, follow the link provided, then complete and submit the online Great Lakes Now Viewer Survey (“Survey”) no later than December 31, 2020. At the end of the Survey, you will be given an option to enter into a random drawing (“Sweepstakes”) for a chance to win one of two $50 gift cards (“Prize”). Entering the Sweepstakes is free – you do not need to make any financial contribution to, or purchase from the Survey Sponsor, Great Lakes Now or its affiliates to participate, nor will any such purchase or contribution increase your odds of winning. To receive a paper Survey for an opportunity to enter the Sweepstakes via postal mail, contact the Survey Sponsor at (734) 619-0705 to provide your name and mailing address. All valid entries must be submitted electronically or postmarked by 11:59 p.m. EST on December 31, 2020 (“Entry Deadline”) in order to be eligible for a drawing to win one of the prizes. The winner will be notified at the email address provided in the Survey.
- Participation. This is a viewer feedback sweepstakes. Eligibility is limited to persons at least eighteen (18) years of age, who have watched at least one episode of the Great Lakes Now series. One entry per person only. Entrants who take the Survey multiple times will not be disqualified from entry but will be entered for only one single chance to win a Prize. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Employees (and their immediate families and household members) of the Survey Sponsor, Detroit Public TV or their affiliates and agents are not eligible to participate. The Survey Sponsor is not responsible for registration errors or for lost, late or misdirected entries, or telecommunication or computer hardware or software failures in connection with your participation. The Survey Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to (1) terminate or modify the Sweepstakes, (2) disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process or the administration of the Sweepstakes, and/or (3) substitute a different prize (provided that any such substitution shall be of equal value to the Prize). Sponsor makes no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Survey or Sweepstakes, or use of the Prize including, without limitation, quality, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose.
- Prize. One of two fifty U.S. dollars ($50.00) gift cards will be sent to the winner at the email address from which the Survey was submitted.
- Random Drawing. Two (2) Winners will be selected by random drawing, on or before January 8, 2021. The potential Winner will be notified via email message on or before January 15, 2021.
- Taxes. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Survey Sponsor, the Winner is solely responsible for any costs, expenses, taxes and custom fees due in connection with the prize, its delivery and use.
- Release. By participating, to the extent allowed by applicable law, you (a) release the Survey Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, employees, directors, and agents, as well as the beneficiary charity (“Releasees”), from any and against any and all injury, loss or damage caused or claimed to be caused by your participation in any Sweepstakes and/or the acceptance, awarding, receipt, use and/or misuse of the Prize, and you agree that Releasees are not responsible for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any Sweepstakes and/or the awarding of the Prize, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules; and (b) agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Releasees from and against any and all claims arising from (i) your breach of these Official Rules, including the breach of any representations or warranties contained herein, (ii) your participation in the Sweepstakes, (iii) your acceptance, use and/or misuse of any Prize (or any portion thereof), if applicable, or (iv) the use of any Survey in accordance with the rights granted in these Official Rules.
- Governing Law. These Official Rules are governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan. Any action by you or any third party brought to enforce these rules or, in connection with any related matters shall be brought only in Metropolitan Detroit, Michigan, and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of said courts.